Tuesday, 13 March 2018
If you have a defective aircon in your home, you may not enjoy the pleasant experience that you need. Most of the time, you may have this bad experience due to lack of aircon servicing. In most instances, the professional that you hire may ignore some of the things that bring constant problems to your machine. This means you will get the problems again and again. But by keeping your aircon in good shape you’ll not only save money but also extend its lifespan thereby saving you on costly early replacement. Here are some of the top aircon serving tips.
Clean and replace the filter
One of the most important aircon maintained chores is replacing or cleaning your aircon filter. This should be done regularly during the high use season and once during a fall or spring. Here is how to clean aircon filter.
How to clean aircon filter
· Old towel
· Small basin
· Open the air conditioner- Before doing anything, you need to ensure that your air conditioner is turned off. Once this done, use a screwdriver to carefully remove the parts.
· Remove the filters- First, inspect the filters for any serious signs or wear and tear. If you see any snags or rips don’t even bother yourself with cleaning. The best thing to do is to replace them since using them may affect their efficiency.
· Vacuum- If you don’t need to replace your filters then use a vacuum to get rid of accumulated grime and dirt. For effective cleaning results, ensure that you do the job properly. However, you need to be very careful as you might end up puncturing or tearing the filter. Remember, any tears usually render the filter ineffective.
· Sanitize the filters- Fill the basin with equal portions of vinegar and water. Ensure that the basin is large enough to fit the filters. The vinegar is basically used to kill allergens and any harmful bacteria that may have accumulated inside there.
· Soak the filters- Allow the filter enough time to soak in the solution. If you don’t clean them regularly then you should allow them to soak for at least 4 hours to ensure that they are properly sanitized. However, if you have only used them a few times then a one hour of soaking is just enough.
· Drain- Remove them out from the water solution and allow the solution to drain out. However, avoid rinsing them since this might reverse the process. Instead, place them in an old clean towel to absorb the excess solution. While still in the towel, allow them to dry naturally. It’s advisable to place them where the sun is available or just outside in the yard.
· Fit the filter back- Finally, fit the filters back and replace any component that you may need to replace.
Other aircon servicing tips
Apart from cleaning the filter here are other aircon maintenance tips that may help you.
· Check out the wiring component- Before working on your aircon, you need to turn off the wiring unit. Next, check whether there are any signs of overheating such as burned and blackened wires, melted insulation on wires among others. Apart from this, check out any electrical connection to see whether they are tight or not. If you see any of these signs then call in professional to help you.
· Examine thermostat- Inspect the thermostat to ensure that it’s working well and can keep your home at the right temperature. If you have a mechanical type thermostat, you need to upgrade into the modern one which is programmable. A programmable thermostat will enable you to set the temperature high and cool the home when you need to. By doing this, you’ll ensure that you go to comfortable home.
· Check the condenser unit fan- Turn off your aircon and check out whether the fan is working or not. In case there are any visible chips or cracks replace them immediately. If you have an older conditioner then you may need to regularly oil the bearings
· Clean the outside unit- Over time grass clippings, leaves, or dirt may build up on the system thereby reducing the air flow and capacity. After putting off the power, use a garden hose to gently remove the debris. However, avoid using a power washer.
· Fix any leaks- Ducts can always lose a lot of air flow through the leaks. You need to use the old smoke tricks to find the leaks. For window units, light a stick and hold it where the window and the unit meet. If the smoke comes out then it means there is a leakage. You can then go ahead and seal them with foil tape. However, for window AC use staff foam in between.
· Clean the fins- Remove the outer covers and then use the brush on a powerful vacuum to remove all the outside dirt that might be there. Using a garden hose, spray the fin to remove any build-up of debris or dirt. Since the pressure might destroy the fin never use a pressure washer. If the fins are very dirty you may use commercially available cleaning spray
· Clean the evaporator coil- On the furnace, unit look for evaporator coil. You may need to take out few bolts and screws and then use a soft brush to brush off the coils. Next, clean the drain pan with water, soap, and little beach. To ensure that the coil remains clean for long, place a drain pan tablet on the pan to inhibit algae growth.
Properly cleaning and maintaining your aircon conditioning unit will not only save you lot of money but also keep your house comfortable during the hottest days of the year? If you can follow these aircon servicing tips then your aircon machine will keep on working for a long time. If any of the components is not working properly, check out whether they can be serviced at home or it’s important to hire professional. Thoroughly examining, servicing and cleaning your aircon will decrease the chances of any problems occurring in future.
Wednesday, 21 February 2018
An Aircon system can be a great appliance if installed properly to your BTo. Most people in Singapore are familiar with its functionality since many homes have this appliance. Modern Aircon systems offer a high degree of energy efficiency. Anyway, the fact is that it must be installed correctly to get the most out of the device. Without a doubt, you should work with a professional to install this system. However, this can help if you know the process. Do the right job, and you can add years of life to a new Aircon system. Clean the installation, and you will get reduced energy efficiency, inefficient cooling or home heating, and an unhappy family.
Tips on how to install aircon in new BTO
A poorly repaired system not only offers real benefits but can also damage the system. If you are qualified to install your Aircon system, here are some tips you can consider to ensure that the whole process is smooth and that you enjoy the benefits of a precisely installed Aircon system. Here are some tips for installing an air conditioner in the new BTO that you should know about.
Focus on the duct network
One of the primary sources of inefficiency in an Aircon system is the ductwork. As a result, it is essential that you pay proper attention to the ducts. Remember that you must also use air conditioning support systems to ensure that the pipes are not affected by pressure or heat. Support systems will also facilitate the long-term administration of the conduits. After all, tubes allow air to circulate easily. In addition to the pipes, you should also consider the vents. In the case of wall or ceiling vents, you must ensure that they are located in the appropriate places. In the case of floor vents, make sure objects such as furniture do not block them.
Position the fan coil unit correctly
The fan coil unit is one of the main considerations when installing an Aircon system. It must be placed in the right place to simplify the installation of conduits and wiring. In general, the attic or roof is preferred for installation of the unit. The basement is another suitable option. A support system for the fan coil must also be installed.
It can be a simple platform. However, it must match the dimensions of the fan coil unit. If you plan to hang the fan coil, you should pay attention to the threaded rods used. You should always opt for 1/4 inch threaded rods. Also, make sure that the threaded road never connects directly to the aircon fan coil. It’s not necessary to connect the unit to your platform. The Aircon’s weight is enough to keep it in position. However, you must make sure there is enough space for the service.
Connect the plenum ring
The dispensing chamber ring should be located a few centimeters below the bottom of the unit. Keep this in mind when making connections. Therefore, you may need to move the AC unit first to join the camera ring. Make sure the plenum ring gasket is attached to the unit cabinet before placing the dispensing chamber ring.
Condensate drain and coolant lines
After the ring of the distribution chamber has been connected, it can pass to the condensate drain. It can be easily attached by following the instructions provided with it. However, you must know the local building codes before doing so. After that, you can work to join the refrigerant lines. It will join the outdoor AC unit to the fan coil unit indoors. The manufacturer's instructions for installation must be followed.
There are other components that you need to install; Conduit plenum, feed tube, feed tube, acoustic attenuation tube and Terminator outlets. Installing these components can be a relatively complex procedure. Professional help is recommended to install them. However, you must ensure that proper support systems are used for the pipe and other similar components.
Do not install the units used.
Not all, but many real estate investors are known to install used units. The apparent reason behind this is that these units have a relatively lower cost compared to the new aircon units. However, the problems that are later caused by these units are so much that you end up paying more than you could have saved by buying used units. This is not even worth thinking about since the consequences are bad.
Repair units of adequate size
If you are faced with a dilemma when deciding on the size of the unit to install, you need to go for the more extensive Aircon system instead of opting for a smaller one. A small aircon system will cause more headaches. You will not want the unit to lose its ability to cool the home or office building below a temperature that is not relaxing enough.
Ensure good insulation
Even if your contractor is using a new unit and installing an appropriately sized system in your home or workplace, you may encounter problems such as minor cooling until your property is isolated. When mounted with precision, insulation allows your unit to reach the desired temperature and, ultimately, helps you save on your electricity bills.
Do not neglect maintenance.
Your work does not end once you have selected and installed a correct HVAC in Palm Springs. Be sure to perform regular inspections and maintenance. Change your air filters every month as dirty filters limit the operation of the system and increase energy costs. Not only that, but dirty filters are also responsible for damaging your system. On the contrary, routine care improves the efficiency of the system, making it more sustainable.
Do not neglect the importance of the support system in the installation of an Aircon system. If the support system fails, it can damage your unit and lead to costly repairs and replacements. Always obtain the components of your support system from a reputable manufacturer. You can also read some information online on how to install aircon in new BTO.
Thursday, 18 January 2018
Air conditioning maintenance is essential for its appropriate functioning. Many of the companies are providing different packages according to your pocket size. In case you have air conditioning installed in your building then you need to make sure that regular air conditioning maintenance is conducted.
There are plenty of main reasons why regular air conditioning maintenance is essential before it’s undertaken you must be sure that your air conditioning engineer is fully qualified and will provide you with all the correct paperwork to prove that the system is fit for use.
In public like offices, it is important to know what the regulations surrounding safe practices are and exactly how often maintenance checks on all the parts in the building should be carried out to make sure that health and safety rules are being followed.
Once you have employed the assistance of a qualified air conditioning maintenance engineer, they will be able to undertake regular checks and provide you the appropriate paperwork to demonstrate that your checks are undertaken correctly.
One of the main reasons that safety checks and maintenance ought to be carried out is to maintain your air conditioning system in the best condition. When the system is regularly maintained and potential issues will be flagged up and parts replaced before the system stops working which saves both cash and time.
Regular maintenance does mean there's less deterioration of mechanical parts as smooth running puts less pressure on the components throughout the air conditioning system, which will mean that the device will last longer.
Keeping your air conditioning system in good shape may also signify that it will work more effectively and make use of less energy and that is another factor which will conserve your funds.
The reason why everybody is now choosing air conditioning over conventional heating is simply that it tends to be more energy efficient. This is because it's more effective to keep a building at a constant temperature than to be constantly heating up and cooling down a building.
However, if your air conditioning is not fully maintained this will detract from energy benefits you can get from the lack of conventional heating.
If you haven't yet had air conditioning installed then consults with your air conditioning company regarding the best kind of air conditioning for the building. An engineer should be able to give you advice regarding the sort of air conditioning that can work most efficiently and hopefully consume less energy and save you money in running costs.
Air conditioning in offices will also help to prevent sick building syndrome, which can often be brought on by stale air building up within a space. If you fit air conditioning you can even opt to have air conditioning filters fitted that'll clean and purify air coming into your building and take away stale air too, to ensure that air is continually being replaced, preventing the spread of germs along with generally making your staff feel healthier.
Sick building syndrome has been the cause of a large proportion of time taken off work so fitting an air filter in your building can save you money as hopefully, you'll have fewer instances of sickness and staff will feel happier, healthier and more productive in their environment. Ensuring your work environment is as pleasant and uncomplicated to use as possible is one method to enhance the happiness of your staff which in turn means that staff is more efficient and even more productive.
Caring for Your Air Conditioning Singapore off Season Tips and Tricks
While Singapore residents rely on their air conditioning during the summer, there will be times of the year when the system is used far less frequently, if it is used at all. Although it is very easy to forget about your air con during the offseason, it is the ideal time for servicing or making repairs. Here are just some tips and tricks to care for your system in the offseason.
Make Seasonal Repairs:
If you have noticed that your air conditioner is not performing as well as it used to, you are likely to see your energy bills increasing. The longer you delay having any underlying issues corrected, the worse a problem will get. For example, if the motor belt on your indoor unit has developed a problem, you may notice that it starts to make screeching noises. Although this appears to be a minor inconvenience the unit has to work harder to cool the room. Additionally, at some point, the belt will be completely compromised, and it will trigger a breakdown issue.
Seal Any Air Leaks:
Air leaks can be a common problem in older homes, but any home can be vulnerable. Small gaps and holes around the doors and windows can add up to a great deal of wasted energy as cooled air is lost. This not only impacts the efficiency of air conditioning systems, but it can place a strain on the system and decrease your comfort level. Many HVAC professionals can assist you with a home energy audit to reveal any leaks.
Learn About Your Thermostat:
Many homeowners don't understand the full potential of their thermostat with any knowledge of all the features and functions. Considering that the vast majority of our energy bills relate to heating and cooling, it is a good idea to learn about your thermostat to improve efficiency. During the off-season, it is the ideal time to have a read through the manual and try out some features. If your thermostat lacks some of the more innovative features, it could also be the perfect time for an upgrade. You could install a smart thermostat so you can have complete control of your settings, even if you are not at home.
Schedule Annual Maintenance:
Finally, the offseason is the best time to schedule your annual service. The technician can inspect your system to ensure that it is operating at peak efficiency.
If you are concerned about the efficiency and performance of your air con, Singapore property owners should contact us. Gas Air is air conditioning specialists and our team of technicians would be happy to answer your questions or queries. Air conditioning maintenance needs a proper check of the key components. So by following the instructions or guidelines, anyone can easily maintain the air conditioner and if fail to do so than he/she can go for the maintenance packages provided by the many of the companies.